- Answer one of the question Groups in Full as discussed in class.
Find each probability if you spin the spinner once.
1. P ( red) 1/5 there is 5 options and 1 red. 2. P (green) 1/5 there is 5 options and 1 green. 3. P (blue or white) 2/5 there is 1 blue and 1 white and their is 5 options to pick. 4. P (not yellow) 4/5 there is 5 options and yellow doesn't count. 5. P(not red) 4/5 it has to be yellow, blue, green, white but not red so it doesn't count. 6. P(blue or red or yellow) 3/5 it has to be blue, red and yellow but no white and green.
- Question. What do all the questions have in common. What would you need to know about probability to be successful at solving them.
- Answer. All the questions mostly have the same amount example: 1/5 on red and 4 other colors. You would need to know how to do probability to do this question to do the rest of the 1 first.
- Queston. Are there any common errors students might make when answering any of these questions?
- Answer. They might forget to look at the brackets example: ( Not red) some people might read it quickly and they think it says (red) so they would make the mistake.
Question of mine own P ( white) find the Probability